School's back in session. My first class of the semester is tonight. Tonight's class is Government Documents. Sounds really dry, I know, but I should learn a lot. My other class is Readers Advisory. I am really excited about this class because it should be loads of fun. I have already finished a few of the books on my reading list.
I have finished:
Nighttime Is My Time by Mary Higgins Clark
Prey by Michael Crichton
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Black Rose by Nora Roberts
Currently reading:
Folly and Glory by Larry McMurtry
Not exactly the titles I would choose, but that's the point of this class. Because I will be an Adult/Young Adult Librarian in a large urban public library system as of January, I need to become familiar with most of the popular authors in different genres.
2 comments:
tell me how you felt about BEES. my mother is strongly urging me to read it.
Hey Heidi! BEES was the best of this bunch IMO. If you liked Steel Magnolias or Fried Green Tomatoes, you will probably enjoy it--you know, the whole dysfunctional Southern family thing.
I don't think it is exceptional, but worth a quick read.
Post a Comment