Sunday, March 20, 2005

3.20.05

First day of spring. I have to tell you, I am happy about it. This coming from someone who enjoys cold weather. I still love cold weather, but there is a reason for the seasons, people. Honestly, it isn't one particular time of the year that I love (okay, that isn't true. I love October and Fall in general), but I like living in an area where you actually get to enjoy the change in seasons.

The South really doesn't have seasons. It is more like 4 months of Winter/Fall and 7 1/2 months of Summer and maybe two weeks of Spring. Or at least, it always seemed that way to me. Anything over 80 degrees is Summer in my book. And it isn't Winter unless the high is consistently under 40 degrees.

So, right now I should be working on this damn thesis project. For those of you who do not know the topic, it is "Space-planning in public libraries." Interesting, yes?

I will be leaving soon (it's now 7:41 am) for campus for more writing.

Oh, I did take a break last night and went to a relatively new restaurant in our neighborhood. The Brazilian restaurant is called Malagueta. The prices are reasonable and the food is quite good. I had the Feijoada Completa. Very delicious. Reminded me of a typical Southern dish actually. I mean beans and pork is pretty country.

Well, better end this and get working. Oh, I was quite upset Thursday when I learned Alabama lost in the first round. Maybe next year.

No comments: